[BusyBox] Undefined reference to crypt

a.gatt at btopenworld.com a.gatt at btopenworld.com
Thu Mar 25 17:26:06 UTC 2004

I am using Mandrake 9.2 and successfully compiled busybox a number of times with different utils included, however when i try to compile in any of the login / password functions i get a compile error. The error is

 /libbb/libbb.a(pw_encrypt.o)(.text 0x9): In function 'pw_encrypt':
:Undefined reference to 'crypt'

After doing a bit of a google i tried adding -lcrypt and -lshadow to the cflags in the make menuconfig (not really sure if this is where i should put them!) but this had no effect.

Does anyone know what might be causing this compile error? I have the libcrypt library installed on my system in the /lib folder.

Thanks
Andrew