[BusyBox] lsof applet? + question re uclibc

Larry Doolittle ldoolitt at recycle.lbl.gov
Thu Mar 25 06:11:46 UTC 2004

Mark -

> Is there anyone already working on an lsof applet for busybox?

You know lsof is a monster.  Depending on what you want to
do, you might also want to look at socklist, which is a
perl script that rummages around in /proc cross-connecting
sockets with processes.  I know perl is rather heavy, but
it wouldn't be too hard to recreate in C.  I am the original
author of socklist, it's now included in the procinfo package.
Procinfo itself isn't hard to make run on an embedded system.

> Am I correct that uclibc never calls any other libraries?

Yes.

> I noticed that programs
> statically compiled against glibc can still open half a dozen or so
> other libraries in their execution,

This is both part of, and explained by, glibc's bloat.
i18n, PAM, ...

    - Larry