[BusyBox] Problems with klogd and uclibc

Oleg I. Vdovikin oleg at cs.msu.su
Mon Mar 22 15:28:38 UTC 2004

Hi,

    I've noticed what every kernel message logged by klogd with LOG_KERN
becomes LOG_USER in the log. The problem is that uclibc performs the
following check

/* Set default facility if none specified. */
 if ((pri & LOG_FACMASK) == 0)
                pri |= LogFacility;

    LOG_KERN is zero, so it's become LOG_USER (the LogFacility value) every
time. As seems there are similar problems with glibc.

    I think there are at least two ways to fix this: either merge klogd with
syslogd or write a separate function inside the klogd to log directly to
/dev/log, rather than using syscall.

    Any ideas on this?

Regards,
    Oleg.