[BusyBox] shared library

luca risso luca_risso at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 15 14:16:50 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I know that this is a stupid question, but I can't get my "Hello world"
program working
when dynamically linked.
This means that everything is fine untill the --static flag is used but as
soon as I remove it,
running the "hello" from the busybox 1.00-pre8 command line, I get the
following error:

hello: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
No better result setting and exporting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable to the /lib directory as a "Segmentation fault" is obtained in this
case.

I'm using a 2.4 kernel on my target and on the host used for cross-compiling
for PPC the involved libraries (ld-2.3.2.so and libc-2.3.2.so) are located
in the /usr/local/compilers/gcc-powerpc-linux/powerpc-linux/lib directory.

I tried to copy both of them in the /lib directory of my target along with
their symbolic links (ld.so.1 and libc.so.6) and also to replicate exactly
the host library location, but nothig happened.

Surely I'm doing something wrong but ...

Thanks for your help

    Luca