[BusyBox] 1.00-pre8 ash character input errors

Ian Latter Ian.Latter at mq.edu.au
Tue Mar 9 11:18:39 UTC 2004

Hello,

  I'm experimenting with busybox in CHAOS and have come across
an odd error in ash (for 1.00-pre8).  I didn't see a bug tracking
system on the web site so I've come to the mailling list to report it.

  The error I see is simple - I've tested it with "ps" - at the prompt
type;

       ps
       ps
       ps
       ps

  .. etc ... at least one in ten will return either;

            /bin/ash: s: not found

 .. or ..

            /bin/ash: pps: not found

 .. and occassionally I'll see;

            /bin/ash: pppps: not found

  Additionally, typing a single letter at the command prompt
and then attempting to backspace over it will occassionally
fail (as if the prompt ends at the second command line
char).

  The prompt is set to;
     PS1='[w]_$ '

  The OS build is running glibc 2.3.2.  I've attached the busybox
1.00-pre8 .config file for further information.

  If additional configuration or usage material is required, please
don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

--
Ian Latter
Internet and Networking Security Officer