[BusyBox] 1.00-pre8 and .config dependencies

Patrick J. LoPresti patl at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 6 20:40:30 UTC 2004

Hi.  I have been playing with BusyBox, and I noticed that when I
changed CONFIG_INIT from true to false, init/reboot.o did not get
rebuilt.  I think it ought to, since it depends on that setting.

One solution is to add something like this to the Makefile:

include/busybox.h: include/config.h
        [ -e $@ ] && touch $@

This simply ensures that the timestamp on include/busybox.h is later
than include/config.h, so that anything which depends on busybox.h
will get rebuilt when config.h changes (as it should, since busybox.h
includes config.h).

Or is the current mkdep stuff supposed to handle this automatically?

 - Pat