[BusyBox] tiny fuser

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Thu Mar 4 05:55:22 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 07:15:54PM -0600, Tony J. White wrote:

> >  Here goes yet another BusyBox pre-release... Please do not
> >  bother to send in patches supplying new features at this time.
> >  Only bug-fix patches will be accepted. If you have a cool new
> >  feature you would like to see supported, or if you have an
> >  amazing new applet you would like to submit, please wait and
> >  submit such things later.
>

> http://tjw.org/fuser/
>
> Sorry to be defiant Erik, but I can't keep secrets very well :)
>
> Although I do have a patch for pre8 on that page, it is for convenience
> only.  I do NOT think this should be considered for inclusion into 1.0,
> I'm only seeking opinions.

Some comments after a quick look... (not a complete list)

There are a number of novice errors.  Returning a pointer to automatic
storage, memory leaks, missing error checking, pollution of the global
namespace, etc.  Then of course there are the code bloat issues.  But
until the real bugs are fixed, there's no point going into those.

Feel free to contact me off the list by email if you're interested
in details.

Manuel