[BusyBox] ash redirect

till varoquaux tvaroqua at ie2.u-psud.fr
Fri Jul 9 12:39:14 UTC 2004

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:36:43 +0100
"Gareth Glaccum" <Gareth.Glaccum at compusys.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have noticed with pre-10 that within ash
> a_command >/dev/null 2>&1
> Would still result in STDERR being shown on the screen.
You are very right I noticed the same thing.
a_command &>/dev/null
should do the trick. Hope that helps you.
(It works with me).
> I am pretty sure this was not a kernel message, and I had already got
> syslogd to log everything to a remote console instead.
Right again. Thanks. I doubled check and yup that's syslog's job
allright.

I hope this solves your problem. One other (ugly) way to solve this
would be to launch your script on another tty and echo everything you
want in the current tty. Well I don't think you'll need to come down to
this
Regards,
Till