[BusyBox] Re: busybox insmod problem

Eric Spakman E.Spakman at inter.nl.net
Sat Jan 31 18:17:51 UTC 2004

Glen,

I don't think it's a GPLONLY problem, the crypto modules are part of
the standard 2.4.24 kernel and are GPL signed (according to the
source). The insmod from modutils-2.4.21 doesn't complain about that
also.

Relevant part of my busybox config:
# Linux Module Utilities
#
CONFIG_INSMOD=y
# CONFIG_FEATURE_2_2_MODULES is not set
CONFIG_FEATURE_2_4_MODULES=y
# CONFIG_FEATURE_2_6_MODULES is not set
# CONFIG_FEATURE_INSMOD_VERSION_CHECKING is not set
# CONFIG_FEATURE_INSMOD_KSYMOOPS_SYMBOLS is not set
# CONFIG_FEATURE_INSMOD_LOADINKMEM is not set
# CONFIG_FEATURE_INSMOD_LOAD_MAP is not set
CONFIG_LSMOD=y
CONFIG_FEATURE_QUERY_MODULE_INTERFACE=y
# CONFIG_MODPROBE is not set
CONFIG_RMMOD=y
# CONFIG_FEATURE_CHECK_TAINTED_MODULE is not set

Regards,
Eric Spakman

"Eric Spakman" <E.Spakman at inter.nl.net> wrote:

> The crypto core is loaded and the /proc/crypto interface is also
> available. Using insmod from modutils-2.4.21 does work, so it must
be
> something with busybox insmod.

Could it be something to do with GPLONLY symbols ?

(just guessing)

Glenn