[BusyBox] ash - signal handling problem?

Jean Wolter jw5 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Sat Jan 31 17:53:44 UTC 2004

"Vladimir N. Oleynik" <dzo at simtreas.ru> writes:

> Jean,
>
> > Hello,
> > the current ash shows a strange behaviour regarding signal and error
>
> > handling.     1. If I press ctrl d to terminate my session it is
> > silently
>
> >     ignored.
>
> Hmm. cmdedit changed 5 weeks, 3 days ago for compensate this problem.
> You tested fresh or previous variant?

I fetched the current version from cvs and just verified that it is
the same like the one in the tarball. (There is a warning during
compilation about an inline function which is declared inline after
beeing called the first time ...)

> >     2. If I log into a machine via ssh and the ssh client is killed
> >     via kill -9 ash ends up in a loop raising SIGINT and ignoring it
> >     afterwards (ash ignored the hup signal because it was set to
> >     ignore via trap "" 1).
>
> Its old problem ash.
> I could look this problem, but it will create additional complexities
> on synchronization with the original version.
>
> Can be will better if you will consult with the original author: Herbert Hu?

I will try to fetch a current version of dash and check whether it has
the same problem.

regards,
Jean