[BusyBox] does newer busybox still have a problem with /etc/inittab labels?

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Thu Jan 29 19:46:36 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 02:22:50PM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   just yesterday, i was putting together a root filesystem that was
> a combination of the ELDK2.1 filesystem, and 1.00-pre5 busybox.
> when i tried to boot this system on a test board, i got parse errors
> based on the contents of /etc/inittab, apparently complaining about
> the labels on the lines from that file.
>
>   a quick google search showed me some old errors where busybox
> complained about the very existence of labels on lines in /etc/inittab,
> but those errors were associated with versions 0.60.1 or 0.60.2.
> are there still some issues regarding what is allowed in the inittab
> file for this latest version of busybox?

Well... I called the psychic hotline to see if they could advise me
as to what particular lines in your inittab were causing the problem.
Regretably, they couldn't help.  So we seem to be left with the need
for you to actually post some examples of what you are talking about.

Why don't you post the inittab you are using and we can try again.

Manuel