[BusyBox] older 06.5 syslogd problem

Larry Doolittle ldoolitt at recycle.lbl.gov
Tue Jan 27 23:19:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 11:07:31PM +0000, Stewart Brodie wrote:
> > > I agree entirely.  The only flaw I see in the analysis is that the code
> > > I see in busybox-0.60.5 klogd.c (that Gennady Feldman wrote and I helped
> > > test, years ago) appears to do exactly that.  Is there a chance Brian
> > > has an older busybox around, or a non-busybox klogd running?
>
> I've actually looked at the source code now and discovered that busybox's
> syslogd is responsible for this and it affects the latest 1.00pre CVS
> versions too.

Interesting.  So busybox has a pair of code snippets with strong
duplication of funcationality: serveConnection in syslogd.c,
and doKlogd in klogd.c.  Sounds like an opportunity for some
clever person to make a new libbb routine, and save a bunch
of bytes for cases where both syslogd and klogd are configured.

    - Larry