[BusyBox] telnetd, was: Can't compile the latest snapshots

Glenn McGrath bug1 at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 26 00:12:13 UTC 2004

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:42:52 +0100
Alfred Zastow <az1 at zastrow4u.de> wrote:

> inetd doesn't read the /etc/inetd.conf correctly. See the confusing
> error messages in the latest lines of the attached logfile. This
> configuration was working fine with pre5.
>
> BTW: I don't have a /usr- or /sbin-directory. All executables are
> located under /bin.
>
> BTW2: I use a GNU telnetd
>
> BTW3: I also have /etc/services with the telnet portnumbers

These lines... i assume the connect is from a telnet session.

Jan 25 15:18:08 vdr authpriv.info ›^R@Ã^X at etst![238]: connect from
192.168.0.1
Jan 25 15:18:08 vdr authpriv.err ›^R@Ã^X at etst![238]: error: cannot
execute /usr/sbin/›^R@Ã^X at etst!: No such file or

I tried busybox inetd and GNU telnetd with the following line in
inetd.conf and it works fine for me.

telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/in.telnetd in.telnetd

I also tried busybox telnetd without inetd, i dont see any problems.

You have

telnet stream tcp nowait root /bin/tcpd /bin/in.telnetd -L
/bin/login.net

My guess is the garbage is coming from /bin/login.net

Glenn