[BusyBox] Problems in running rcS

Andrea Foni andrea.foni at swissonline.ch
Sat Jan 24 17:28:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

I tried to setup an embedded system, using:
- Soeckris net4501 board (AMD Elan processor)
- Kernel 2.4.23
- uclibc 0.9.16
- gcc 2.95.3
- BusyBox 1.00-pre5

The problem I facing is that the rcS script seems not to be called (I
tried with a customized inittab and also without inittab at all).

Moreover, if I launch it from the shell, it gives me an error:

# /etc/init.d/rcS
-sh: /etc/init.d/rcS: not found

The rcS file is:

#! /bin/sh
mount -n -o remount,rw /
mount /proc

A generic script is working, if
#! /bin/sh
is not present... otherwise it acts like the rcS file.

I know that probably this is a stupid question, but after quering the
mailing list database I didn't find something that clarify the issue.

Thank you.

Andrea Foni