[BusyBox] Re: how to figure out old config

Glenn McGrath bug1 at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 23 07:36:52 UTC 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:44:50 +0100
Benjamin Mertke <b.mertke at bfad.de> wrote:

> Long time ago we have sendet a patch to get a rid on a such
> behavier. This patch was telling you how busybox was called.
> It was telling you for example: "Busybox was called as: ifconfig"
> So one was able to know which applet is crashing/not working.
>
> Maybe this time somebody will apply this patch to busybox.

Something like this might be suitable if it output its results to
syslog, or some other log file, but it would be too noisy to output it
to stderr, also it should be a config option.

It doesnt address the issue of not knowing what options were enabled in
a busybox config.

For example there is no easy way to tell if tar was compiled with or
without support for some GNU extensions, the only way to know is test it
manually or look at the config file used to build busybox.

Glenn