[BusyBox] running in background

Sven Fischer sven.fischer at snom.de
Mon Jan 19 10:20:34 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have the problem, that my busybox (0.60.1) doesn't seem to start my
applications in background properly on system startup. In case I'm calling it
again manually it works like expected...

the part of rc.sh looks like:

/bin/mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock5 /mnt
cd /mnt
export LCS_PID=$!
./app1&
export LCS_PID=$!
./app2&

A 'ps' does not show any of app1 or app2 !?

I know if the whole script ends, that the called childs are also ending, but
why the script should have stopped, if its running nicely in case of manual
start ?

Any ideas ? Could this work at all with busybox ?

regards,

Sven
Participate in our special offers for a snom 4S SIP Registrar/Proxy SME
Version! For further information contact: sales at snom.de !
snom technology AG           Pascalstraße 10, 4.OG  D-10587 Berlin
Sven Fischer                 fax +49 30 39907839    tel +49 30 39833444
mailto:sven.fischer at snom.de  http://www.snom.com    sip:sf at snomag.de