[BusyBox] Scriptable telnet?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 6 23:31:12 UTC 2004

In message <Pine.GSO.4.56.0401070004210.21101 at hexagon.renyi.hu> you wrote:

> > Use expect.
>
> Hm, I think I will wait with applying your advice... until busybox will
> have an expect applet :)

Yiu can use an axternal executable.

> Why do you think that a system the telnet client of which is the one of
> busybox, is capable of storing and running expect?

First, it was not clear where the scripting should happen.

Second, there are many configurations of systems based on BB  -  from
very  small  ones  whith  extrem memory limitations to huge ones with
hundreds of gigabytes of storage capacity.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?