[BusyBox] would you please help me? thanks!

guomei2002109 at sohu.com guomei2002109 at sohu.com
Fri Feb 27 10:21:10 UTC 2004

hello! Now I am using busybox 0.60.0(under uclinux ,arm) .I have some questions and I need your help.would you please help me? thanks in advance!

Questions 1: we must make a symbolic link before we can use busybox.Is that right? if so, when I configure the kernel of uclinux,I select other shell in the core application and select msh in the busybox.But the kenel can not start up. I think before rc file run, there is not a symbolic link and the msh can not be used. so there is not a shell at this time. so the kernel cann't start up. what should I do?

Questions 2: I select two shells(sash and msh). the kernel can start up use sash and can run.
Then I make a symbolic link to the busybox.
/>ln -s /home/busybox /tmp/sh
/> /tmp/sh

BusyBox v0.60.0 (2004.02.26-01:19+0000) Built-in shell (msh)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

# help

Built-in commands:
-------------------
        . : break cd continue eval exec exit export help login newgrp
        read readonly set shift times trap umask wait [ busybox cat chmod
        chroot date echo env expr getopt ls msh ps sh sleep test wc

But it can only run some very simple script.
for example,
#!/bin/bash
# give the initialize value to STR
a="Hello World"
/tmp/echo $a

It can not handles all the basic stuff (for, case/esac, while, if/then/else) .for example
1.
#!/bin/sh
for item in `cat list.txt`
do
   echo $item
done
2.
#! /bin/bash
if [ -f /bin/date ]; then
/tmp/echo `/bin/date`
else
/tmp/echo "/bin/date doesnot exist"
fi

it can not handle the above two instances. What is the reason? could you tell me ? I will be very thankful !

sorry! My English is not good! I don't know how can I express correctly. sorry!