[BusyBox] busybox 1.00-pre8 and uclibc 0.9.23

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Wed Feb 25 18:28:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 01:59:46PM +0100, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
> Since quite some time, I have severe problems with busybox compiled with
> uclibc. It did work well until uclibc has been updated from version
> 0.9.20 (which works with busybox 1.00-pre2) to 0.9.23. I have not got it
> to compile and run correctly. busybox 1.00-pre8 is the first version
> that compiles with the new uclibc, but the resulting binary is unusable
> in an initrd image - it just can't be started (although I can start it
> on the host system, I have not figured out why).
>
> I'd appreciate any hints on what I could do to make busybox work with
> uclibc 0.9.23 (although I like 0.9.20 better because it's nearly 50%
> smaller).

I have built busybox with every version of uClibc you have listed
and for multiple arches without a problem.  Without further details
about the problems you are having, all I can tell you is that you
are doing something wrong.

Also, there should be no significant size difference between .20
and .23 for analogous uClibc configuration.  Again, without details
I can't help you.

Manuel