[BusyBox] cpio question

Tom Guilliams tguilliams at san.rr.com
Mon Feb 16 20:49:07 UTC 2004

I can't seem to get cpio to work correctly (or at least the way I've
gotten GNU cpio version 2.4.2 to work).  I researched the list archives
and didn't find anything.  I must be doing something wrong.

I'm using busybox-1.00-pre2 version and trying to copy files/dirs in
with a file list.  Essentially, I'm trying to create a mirror archive
image of the root filesystem.

Here's the format of the files.list I've created using -

# cd /tmp
# find / -xdev > files.list

/
/lost+found
/opt
/dev
/dev/console
/dev/fb0
/dev/flasha
/dev/flasha1
/dev/flasha2
/dev/flasha3
/dev/flasha4

<etc, etc>

When I run cpio to for that file.list, it complains about the format.
Any ideas/suggestions???

# cpio -dum rootfs <files.list
cpio header is 2f-a-2f-6c-6f
cpio: Unsupported cpio format