[BusyBox] buffer overflow in inetd.c

Glenn McGrath bug1 at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 16 11:28:48 UTC 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:58:26 +0300
"Vladimir N. Oleynik" <dzo at simtreas.ru> wrote:

> Hi, "toyota" (hmm).
>
> > I compiled busybox 1.00-pre7 on Linux 2.4.24 with gcc 3.2.2,
> > enabled to run the inetd and telnetd.
> > And I set up to use the inetd and telnetd. But didn't work.
>
> Yes. Don`t use inetd from pre7, from pre6 inetd works.
> Glenn`s patches is full broken:
>
> 1. unnecessary looped free() for se_argv
> 2. losed debug unnecessary code: printf("line is"), printf("error")
> 3. changes strdup to bb_stdup is bad idea: inetd is daemon and stderr
> moved to /dev/null,
> original inetd use syslog for say memory problem.
> 4. removed feature: unsuport space continued config lines.
>
> and may be more... :(

5. Dont use the same struct name and variable name.
6. Always indent blocks with a tab.
7. Dont indent with a mixture of spaces and tabs.
8. Dont declare headers twice.
9. Position functions before they are used.
10. Make it more robust.

Im actually having trouble just getting it to work at the moment, it may
take me a few days.

Glenn