[BusyBox] buffer overflow in inetd.c

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Mon Feb 16 06:58:26 UTC 2004

Hi, "toyota" (hmm).

> I compiled busybox 1.00-pre7 on Linux 2.4.24 with gcc 3.2.2,
> enabled to run the inetd and telnetd.
> And I set up to use the inetd and telnetd. But didn't work.

Yes. Don`t use inetd from pre7, from pre6 inetd works.
Glenn`s patches is full broken:

1. unnecessary looped free() for se_argv
2. losed debug unnecessary code: printf("line is"), printf("error")
3. changes strdup to bb_stdup is bad idea: inetd is daemon and stderr moved to
/dev/null,
original inetd use syslog for say memory problem.
4. removed feature: unsuport space continued config lines.

and may be more... :(

--w
vodz