[BusyBox] minit and msvc

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Thu Feb 12 17:41:57 UTC 2004

Hello!

Sorry crossposting, I have no idea where to put the problem ;-(

If I boot with init=/sbin/minit (I have configured /etc/minit to boot up
correctly, mount fs, etc...), I can stop a service with msvc -d dropbear
from the commandline, but if I use a simple shell script as
/etc/minit/ctrlaltdel/run, like:

#!/bin/sh

/bin/msvc -d dropbear (or /etc/minit/dropbear), and press
<CTRL>-<ALT>-<DEL>, this hangs. I see the run script and msvc -d
dropbear in the process list. The service is not important that has to be
stopped, it happens also on getty/mingetty/syslogd/klogd.

The shell used does not matter, I have tried bash/busybox ash/busybox msh.

I have also tried the original (not busybox version of minit-0.9.1, also
cvs) this does the same.

Could it be some background processing? All services can be stopped from
the command prompt, independently of the used shell.

busybox and minit where compiled against uclibc. Any ideas?

Peter