[BusyBox] udhp/dhcpd.c (lost/rejected) patch

Doug Kehn rdkehn at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 14:41:02 UTC 2004

Hi Russ,

--- Russ Dill wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 13:42 -0800, Doug Kehn wrote:
> > On Feb 2 vda posted a patch (add udhcpd
> --foreground
> > option) that is _extremely_ useful.  Since this
> patch
> > was against busybox-1.00-pre6 and it doesn't
> appear in
> > busybox-1.00 or the trunk, I assume it was either
> lost
> > or rejected.  Does anyone know the status for this
> > patch?
>
> How is it useful again?

It's useful for when one wants to start udhcpd from
init.  With this patch I can add the following to my
inittab:

::respawn:/usr/sbin/udhcpd -f /etc/udhcpd.conf

Without foreground capability, one cannot run udhcpd
from init with the respawn action.  (Okay...someone
could but they would get respawn too fast warnings
from init.)  Udhcpd could be run from init with the
wait or once actions but then the restart feature of
respawn cannot be utilized.

I hope this helps?

Regards,
...doug