[BusyBox] BusyBox + Glibc chroot problem

Hans-Werner Hilse hilse at web.de
Mon Dec 6 17:19:51 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:59:24 +0530
Shuveb Hussain <shuvebh at naturesoft.net> wrote:

> After that I compiled  GLibc 2.3.3 from source and installed it with the
> similar procedure, into the temp directory. The problem is that, now
> when I chroot into the temp folder, BusyBox can't find libc.so.6.
> [...]
> open("/home/shuveb/embtest//lib/i686/mmx/libc.so.6", O_RDONLY) = -1
> ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> open("/home/shuveb/embtest//lib/libc.so.6", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No
> such file or directory)
> [...]
> stat64("/home/shuveb/embtest//lib", 0xbfffef30) = -1 ENOENT (No such
> file or directory)
> [...]

This looks like you did --prefix your glibc with /home/shuveb/embtest. Instead, just set DESTDIR before "make install" and compile with / as the prefix. Otherwise ld.so will use that as a part of the search path - and it's not present in chroot.

If you want to check if I'm right try to:
# mkdir -p /home/shuveb/embtest/home/shuveb
# ln -s / /home/shuveb/embtest/home/shuveb/embtest
from outside the chroot (inside isn't possible yet, so this is rather clear ;-)
Then everything should work.

HWH