[BusyBox] init does not kill reparented processes (MYSTERY SOLVED)

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Mon Aug 30 07:57:02 UTC 2004

Erik,

> Did you read my patch?  It did not ignore SIGCHLD but instead has
> a handler.  As a far as I can see, the code appears correct but
> at least for me does not work as expected.

I do not see sense to process SIGCHLD.
The given signal is necessary for asynchronous reception of events
of end of childs.
But our init more does nothing except for as synchronously expects
end of any process.

If also there is a mistake in a code she should be found.
Addition of chld_handler is a hack which can and will remove a problem,
but having hidden a mistake. There can be, that observing occurrences zombie,
actually have a problem in parental processes, instead of in the "init".
I of such problem never observed, though very actively I use the Busybox
in the work.

--w
vodz