[BusyBox] Compiling without shadow password.

Thomas Lundquist lists at zelow.no
Sun Aug 29 14:49:18 UTC 2004

I use uClibc and busybox without shadow support, which means no shadow.h
(a buildroot based system)

But, with rc3 (since pre something), this happens:

gcc -I./include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Os -march=i386
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -falign-functions=0 -falign-jumps=0
-falign-loops=0 -fomit-frame-pointer -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG     -c -o
libbb/pwd2spwd.o libbb/pwd2spwd.c
In file included from libbb/pwd2spwd.c:34:
include/shadow_.h:22:20: shadow.h: No such file or directory
libbb/pwd2spwd.c: In function `pwd_to_spwd':

putting an #ifdef CONFIG_FEATURE_SHADOWPASSWDS in the file make it all
work properly but it's not a very elegant patch.

I'll try to make it more elegant but thought I should let the list know
anyway.

Thomas.