[BusyBox] ftp client with shell

Glenn McGrath bug1 at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 25 01:53:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:30:02 +0200
Sander Knopper <sander at knopper.tk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was just wondering if there currently are any plans to develop a ftp
> client with a shell instead of the current "ftpget" and "ftpput". Or
> would this make things too big?
>
> Because that would make things a lot easier....

Vodz has a port of the tradional ftp client available at

ftp://ftp.simtreas.ru/pub/my/bb/ports/

ftpget and ftpput are supposed to be minimalistic so you can
send/receive a file non-interactively, maybe in a script or something.

I do think ftpget/ftpput and a few other network utilities should change
its argument handling to be more like scp, but now is not the time to be
changing it.

Glenn