[BusyBox] What is needed to make domain resolving work?

Sander Knopper sander at knopper.tk
Sun Aug 22 18:51:51 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I've just compiled busybox succesfully with uclibc and made a boot- rootdisk.
Everything seems to work fine, I get an ip from my dhcp server and it writes
a /etc/udchpc/resolv.conf file with the correct nameserver. Though domain
resolving (by using nslookup for example) just doesn't work.

I've set a hostname with "/bin/hostname" and made a /etc/hosts file with some
basic info. What else is needed? /etc/nsswitch.conf isn't needed since I
don't use glibc right?

Does anyone has some insight in this?

Thanks in advance!

Sander