[BusyBox] httpd.conf

Rory Vieira rory.vieira at coolview.nl
Sat Aug 21 12:14:40 UTC 2004

Dear Vladimir,

> > Any documentation on this?
> > Eg, the format (apache like) and it's location...
>
> Top lines from source.

Thanks for this info.
Just another question...
How do I save the pid of the httpd?
I understand I could use 'pidof httpd', but starting httpd
doesn't make a process with that name(it's busybox).

I've tried to use 'start-stop-daemon', which in turn DOES
create the process with the specified name. However, when
starting with the -m parameter (it should save the pid) it
actually saves the pid of itself rather from the process it's
starting.

The last snag is that I use sysv init and really want to use
start-stop scripts with the same 'name' as the binary they call.
This then becomes a problem when running 'kill -TERM `pidof httpd`'
as the script itself is also killed :(

I was thinking of using inetd for this, but I'm not sure wether
that's a good choice.

Thanks in advance,
Rory Vieira

rory dot vieira at coolview dot nl