[BusyBox] Bug in login of 1.0.0-rc2

Matthias Auchmann matthias.auchmann at artech.at
Fri Aug 6 16:44:26 UTC 2004

Hi all!

I'm new to busybox, I downloaded it today and used it for the first
time, so please ignore the bug I'm reporting if it is already fixed:

I observed that after logging in with a wrong PW and doing nothing for a
while afterwards, the following happens:

emblinux login: root
Password:
Login incorrect
emblinux login:
Login timed out after 60 seconds.

The problem is that the alarm-handler is not reset after a login
failure.

The fix is easy, I just added the following 2 lines after the
puts-Command in login.c

puts("Login incorrect");
alarmstarted = 0;   /* AUCHI-MOD: reset flag */
alarm ( 0 );    /* AUCHI-MOD: disable alarm. Otherwise, we get a "Login
timed out after..." message altough there's no login in progress any
more */

greetz,

Matthias Auchmann