[BusyBox] patch for working modprobe under both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels :)

Robert McQueen rob at aleph1.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 14:55:48 UTC 2004

Anders Eriksson wrote:
> Doesn't this lengthening of the string essentially constitute a buffer
> overflow? I guess you could do it the other way around (define to .ko,
> and shrink to .o).
>
> /A

If my understanding of C doesn't fail me, I was under the impression
that "foo" creates a string in a read-only data section of the resulting
binary, and the initialisation of char *foo sets the pointer to that
area of memory, and later assignments of other strings just change the
pointer - so there is no leak or overflow.

Regards,