[BusyBox] Cranky BusyBox

Joel joel_m_sandgathe at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 19:59:47 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have just compiled and executed Busybox for the first time on my custom hardware.
It seems to be acting "funny", and I was wondering if these problems are obvious to
anyone out there:

1.  At the command prompt, the first character of commands I type is often dropped:
# ls
:s unknown
Hitting enter several times flushes out the missing letter.

2.  Can't cd into a directory:
# cd home
home: bad directory

Other weird stuff.

BIG DISCLAIMER:  As I said, this is the first time I've executed busybox -- I don't have
enough experience yet to know where to look -- kernel, busybox configuration, busybox
compilation, /etc or devices, my terminal...  but I'm hoping someone can point me in the
right direction.

Background:  I'm running a custom MPC860T system.  Currently u-boot gets the kernel
via tftp and then the filesystem is mounted via NFS.  If I mount a full-featured filesystem,
everything seems to be working.  This is my first attempt at using a very slim filesystem,
which I intend to put into flash.

Thanks,
-- Joel