[BusyBox] Anyone using gcc-3.3.* on ARM w/ dynamic linking?

Patrick Huesmann tricknology at gmx.de
Mon Apr 26 09:17:58 UTC 2004

Hi,

Busybox doesn't start on my system when it's dynamically linked and compiled
with arm-linux-gcc-3.3.2 cross compiler.
The last message I see is "Freeing init memory: 68K"
I think this is a kernel message and it's displayed before init is started.

Everything is alright when I
- compile BusyBox with gcc-2.95.3 and use dynamic or static linking
- compile BusyBox with gcc-3.3.2 and use static linking

The /lib/* and ld.so.cache on my target system should be OK, because when I
run a "hello world" compiled with 3.3.2, there is no problem with shared
libraries.

I'm using the arm-linux-3.3.2 toolchain from handhelds.org. The versions
are:
gcc 3.3.2
glibc 2.3.2
binutils 2.14.90

The kernel that I'm using is based on 2.6.5 with some minor changes
(upgraded to current MTD cvs, and added PCMCIA support for custom board)

Are there any known bugs or patches that have to be applied to make this
setup work?
Maybe someone can point me to a working arm-linux-gcc-3.3.* toolchain?

Regards & TIA,
Patrick

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL