[BusyBox] Issue with strings (1.00-pre10)
Ian.Latter at mq.edu.au
Wed Apr 14 13:05:09 UTC 2004
That was less than spectacular. So much for the detail.
Long story short - two issues;
1. main issue - patch attached (really an xmalloc issue?)
2. cat /README | busybox strings != cat /README | strings
(no patch supplied to fix this issue).
Let me know if you need more feedback - happy to help out if
----- Original Message -----
>From: "Ian Latter" <Ian.Latter at mq.edu.au>
>To: <busybox at mail.codepoet.org>
>Subject: [BusyBox] Issue with strings (1.00-pre10)
>Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:03:30 +1000
> I put this off; I've seen the same issue in pre8,pre9 and pre10, but
> I've just confirmed the fix.
> In my distro, I have busybox running fine, except that;
> strings /README
> busybox strings /README
> cat /README | busybox strings
> (where README is a plain text file -- not at this is important)
> all produce "strings" output, except where inserted between
> the 4th and 5th chars are a dollar sign, yen sign and an at
> sign, on every row -- consistent across all builds in the past
> two months or so.
> The same binary on my RedHat9 dev box does not produce
> this error (just nice clean strings output)
> However, the strings buffer is n=4 (-1). Removing the
> comment on miscutils/strings.c line 70 (string[n]=`
> busybox mailing list
> busybox at mail.busybox.net
Internet and Networking Security Officer
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the busybox