[BusyBox] ash dot command loses args in 1.00-pre8

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Thu Apr 8 08:58:33 UTC 2004

Peter,

> Just upgraded from 0.6 to 1.00-pre8
>
> Dot command handling handled args correctly (same as bash) in 0.60,
> but failed in 1.00:
>
> example:

Hmm. Yes.

busybox ash is dash port. busybox-0.6X have special changes for remove this
problem, but not forward this solution to original ash authors :(
Current dash
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/shells/ash.html
have this problem too. But have not very many other problem from ash-0.3X.

PLEASE! If you found problem from ash, testing this on original version and
sending patch
to original authors! Else this problems repeat always time. :(
Original authors can make your patches very clear.

PS: current dash have changes:
1. my changes to busybox ash (first, but forward)
2. new problem with PS# as command expands, we (I and Herbert) works with this
problem...

--w
vodz