[BusyBox] modprobe

David Meggy dmeggy at techsol.ca
Tue Apr 6 18:08:59 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 10:53, Shubho Biswas wrote:
> modprobe: could not parse modules.dep
>
> Looks like I need depmod to create a modules.dep.  Why does depmod not come
> with busybox?  Or am I just not seeing it?  I've tried cp'ing over depmod

Because no one has taken the time to code it for Busybox.  Are you
volunteering?

> from my debian pc to my soekris' /sbin but when I call it, I get:
>
> -sh: ./depmod: not found

I assume soekris is an x86 platform.  I'm not familiar with it.

Copying programs from your Debian PC, to your uClibc based system will
not work, as they are compiled against different C libraries.  I'm
pretty sure that the "depmod: not found" message is for the missing
glibc libraries.  More specifically ld-linux.so

You will have to compile depmod against uClibc, or compile it statically
for it to work on your uClibc based system.

David

--
     David Meggy

Technical Solutions Inc.