[BusyBox] Syntax of files used by ifup

Bas Mevissen ml at basmevissen.nl
Tue Sep 30 13:31:22 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I'm building a system using uClibc and BusyBox. It are very cool tools
to use. But I miss a lot of documentation for the files it uses.

In most cases, it was simply learning by example. But with the
networking stuff, I'm stuck. Can someone tell me how to define a network
card (say eth0) with a certain IP adress and netmask?

I edited /etc/.../interfaces with the following line (from the top of my
head):

iface eth0 static

But where to put the IP adress and netmask? And what is the format of
this file?

Regards,

Bas.