[BusyBox] ttyX and ttySX buffer/io problem?

Jason Wever weeve at gentoo.org
Sat Sep 27 22:12:14 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've been working with busybox (1.0pre3 and the 20039027 unstable
snapshot) and I'm having an issue with any terminals that are started.
Basically you have to enter several characters and/or enters before
anything gets sent to the screen.  I'm *not* using devfs (in the kernel or
in busybox config).  I was originally using ash but also tried msh with no
luck.

I've been building busybox statically against regular
versions of gcc/glibc on sparc64 (but building it 32bit).

I've tried reading through the mailing list archives but I can't seem to
find anything that specifically relates to/fixes this.

I've tried using the built-in inittab as well as the ones included
below with no success.  All that is in my /etc/init.d/rcS is a command to
mount /proc.  I created /dev entries from a regular linux /dev/MAKEDEV
generic-sparc command.

When running serial support, the sparc was booted headless (no keyboard
and no video support so output is directed out ttyS0 be default).

Any suggestions?

-- begin no serial support inittab ---

::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS

ttyS0::askfirst:-/bin/sh