[BusyBox] busybox build environment

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Oct 29 23:57:25 UTC 2003

On Thu Oct 30, 2003 at 03:29:28AM +1100, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 02:46:52 +1100
> Glenn McGrath <bug1 at optushome.com.au> wrote:
>
> > At this stage i ran into problems with compile errors for ncurses
>
> ncurses does a '| sort -n +5 >' in one of the shell scripts, busybox
> sort doesnt handle the +5, the + is an obsolete GNUism from my
> understanding.

Yes, this was recently reported on the uClibc list.  And you are
right, this option is marked obsolete in sort from GNU coreutils.
Quoting the sort info page:

   On older systems, `sort' supports an obsolete origin-zero
   syntax `+POS1 [-POS2]' for specifying sort keys.  POSIX
   1003.1-2001 (*note Standards conformance::) does not allow
   this; use `-k' instead.

So I think rather than changing busybox, in this case ncurses
should be fixed to instead use the '-k' option.

> I think the numeric argument should be accepted with the -n option
> though.

The -n option for numeric sort seems to be properly supported
and doesn't take an argument from my reading of the standards,

 -Erik