[BusyBox] httpd setgid support and CGI SERVER_ADDR var

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Wed Oct 22 09:27:02 UTC 2003

John,

>>Hmm. Best method: call httpd with setted and exported this environs,
>>and patch httpd to don`t unset this vars, see saving PATH code.
>

> Sounds good.  I've done that and included a default of gethostname() as
> well.  So SERVER_NAME gets set to:
> 	   SERVER_NAME env var

But, if I set server_name from apache config then my apache redirecting
from other name in URL to specified name from config and this

> 	or gethostname()
> 	or calculated SERVER_ADDR value

code don`t called ;-)

Also, server adderess may be configured as bind/listen address.

Also. I think, we can use libbb/change_identity() for change gid/uid.

The code all grows and grows. But the most simple would be to make so:

cgi-bin/start:
#!/bin/sh

. /var/www/cgi-bin/www_vars
exec your_boa_cgi

/var/www/cgi-bin/www_vars:
#!/bin/sh
export SERVER_NAME=www.domain
export SERVER_ADDRESS=IP_inteface (or parse ifconfig out message)

;-)

--w
vodz