[BusyBox] Where do I report a compiler bug?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 13 13:41:25 UTC 2003

In message <200310130805.36007.rob at landley.net> you wrote:

> > > 		while(i) {
> > > 			mtfSymbol[i] = mtfSymbol[--i];
> > > 		}
> >
> > Are you sure this is a compiler bug? Or is it undefined behaviour?
>
> Yes, I'm sure it's a compiler bug.
>
> If it was undefined behavior, dest[i]=source[i++] wouldn't work.  If the

Both constructs look extremely fishy  to  me  (and  will  IMHO  cause
undefine behaviour).

Is there any reason for not rewriting the code in a cleaner way?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
It all seemed, he thought, to be rather a lot of  trouble  to  go  to
just sharpen a razor blade.  - Terry Pratchett, _The Light Fantastic_