[BusyBox] gcc problem in editor/sed.c

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Oct 10 21:58:28 UTC 2003

On Friday 10 October 2003 03:01, Steven Scholz wrote:
> Rob,
>
> > Possibly what's different about your cross tool chain is gcc is getting
> > different arguments.  Are you feeding it the -ansi or -pedantic switches,
> > perhaps?
>
> I actually do get the same when _not_ cross compiling but using host gcc
> 2.95.3!
>
> Steven

I checked last night, and was typing up an email to you right when
linux-2.6.0-test7 decided to hang my machine...

Compile the attached file with 2.95 and it barfs.  Rename it blah.C  or
blah.cc (both indicating c++ files) and it'll compile fine.

Under 3.2.2, the file compiles fine as is.  It accepts some C++ism even when
it's just blah-dot-lower case c.

Behavior change between gcc versions.  I think it might have to do with C99...