[BusyBox] Daemontools and uClibc

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Wed Oct 8 03:11:37 UTC 2003

Hello,

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 11:48:09AM -0400, Charlie Brady wrote:

> Referring to:
>
> http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2001-March/000776.html
>
> I'm about to attempt the same build. If you have patches or build scripts,
> would you mind sharing them?

The only djb package that won't build out of the box with uClibc is
qmail (at least last time I checked about a year ago) because of
some missing libresolv routines.  A while back I hacked a replacement
for the needed routines using some modified code from djbdns.
This was in conjunction with pulling lots of common code for qmail,
djbdns, daemontools, ucspi, ezmlm... into a shared lib.  But that
stuff needed more work and I haven't had time to look at it since.

> Were you trying to cross-compile, by any chance?

Not at the time.  Cross compiling may be difficult because of djb's
use of test programs to auto configure the packages.

Manuel