[BusyBox] Is httpd capable of file upload ?

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Fri Oct 3 09:33:15 UTC 2003

Frank R Callaghan wrote:

> On Friday 05 September 2003 04:57 am, Holger Schurig wrote:
>
>>On Friday 05 September 2003 10:00, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
>>
>>>Matthias,

>>>Unsupport.
>>>Use ftpd server, for example: nice ftp server for busybox:
>>>http://www.troll.no/freebies/ftpd.html
>>
>>For the http://www.openzaurus.org distribution I made a ProFTPD package.

> I use http://www.kessels.com/Upload/ , it works very well, no ftp required ;)

 > the BusyBox 1.0pre3 httpd daemon does not set the CONTENT_TYPE env
 > variable when calling a CGI script.  It does set CONTENT_LENGTH.

 > This is needed for CGI scripts to determine how a POST is encoded (e.g.
 > x-www-form-urlencoded or multipart/form-data).  Comparing with the BOA
 > web server I note that BOA also outputs PATH_TRANSLATED and SERVER_ADDR
 > which httpd does not.  Don't know how important those are.

 > Had a quick look at the code and it appears that we need to parse the
 > Content-Type header in addition to doing an addEnv() of the extracted
 > result.  I will try to look at it tommorrow if I can.

Ok. Last version httpd support now:
- env vars CONTENT_TYPE, CONTENT_LENGTH, HTTPD_REFERER, REMOTE_USER and
AUTH_TYPE(Basic always).
- POST data pipied now (previous version have loading into memory may be big
size data and reducing with hardcoded limit)
- removed $CGI_foo environment variables, else my have rubbish enviroment if
POST data have big binary file

--w
vodz