[BusyBox] problems setting date with daylight savings time

Alex K busybox at alex.24351.com
Thu Oct 2 21:42:10 UTC 2003

we're using BusyBox v0.60.5 (2003.02.17-20:35+0000)

when I set the date and the new date is in a day that is in a
different daylight savings mode then my current one the date set if
off by an hour - is this a known problem? the workaround right now
appears to be just to set the date twice and it works just fine.

I couldn't find a bug tracking system to file this under so I'm
posting it here.

I do not have TZ set and /etc/TZ does not exist
/etc/localtime is the same as /opt/share/zoneinfo/pst8pdt

# set date twice to get at known state
[root at E008 /]$date -s 100205052003
Thu Oct  2 05:05:00 PDT 2003
[root at E008 /]$date -s 100205052003
Thu Oct  2 05:05:00 PDT 2003

# notice how the first time I call it the hrs say 4am (not 5am)
[root at E008 /]$date -s 122305052004
Thu Dec 23 04:05:00 PST 2004
[root at E008 /]$date -s 122305052004
Thu Dec 23 05:05:00 PST 2004

# and again here
[root at E008 /]$date -s 100205052003
Thu Oct  2 06:05:00 PDT 2003
[root at E008 /]$date -s 100205052003
Thu Oct  2 05:05:00 PDT 2003

uname -a gives me
Linux E008 2.4.19-rmk2-pxa1 #1315 Fri Sep 26 15:42:19 PDT 2003 armv5l unknown

I hope this is enough information to help you reproduce the
problem. The workaround I have (running date twice works good enough
for me right now).

I tried this on a redhat 8 box with their real date and it works as
expected.

Alex.