[BusyBox] httpd cgi missing CONTENT_TYPE

John McCarthy jgmcc at magma.ca
Thu Oct 2 21:19:57 UTC 2003

Hi,

the BusyBox 1.0pre3 httpd daemon does not set the CONTENT_TYPE env
variable when calling a CGI script.  It does set CONTENT_LENGTH.

This is needed for CGI scripts to determine how a POST is encoded (e.g.
x-www-form-urlencoded or multipart/form-data).  Comparing with the BOA
web server I note that BOA also outputs PATH_TRANSLATED and SERVER_ADDR
which httpd does not.  Don't know how important those are.

Had a quick look at the code and it appears that we need to parse the
Content-Type header in addition to doing an addEnv() of the extracted
result.  I will try to look at it tommorrow if I can.

Cheers,
John McCarthy.
jmccarthy at symbium.com