[BusyBox] vfork_daemon_rexec

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Wed Nov 26 17:47:12 UTC 2003

Russ,

> because uclinux does not have fork(), daemon will just return -1, and do
> nothing. Most uclinux libraries don't even have daemon.c compiled in.

But busybox have fork() -> vfork alias.
I think, busybox should have daemon(3)
code for MMU-less system with vfork and with remark: use vfork_rexec() after.

> [BTW, your email server bounces all my mails saying that it doesn't
> accept mail from spammers. I'd be nice if I knew why your mail server
> thought I was a spammer]

Excuse me. But your provider returned from whois service as 2 B-class net
information only:

Cox Communications Inc. SDRDC-68-6-0-0 (NET-68-6-0-0-1)
                                   68.6.0.0 - 68.7.255.255

I already have spam messages from this block and denied as "DSL" spammers.

--w
vodz