[BusyBox] shared lib problem, on MIPS

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Thu Nov 20 23:16:10 UTC 2003

 > If you are having issues with shared libs, this isn't a busybox issue
 > but a C library issue.  What C library are you using?

sorry, my goof -- uClibc.  i've never used busybox or uclibc
outside of a buildroot environment, first on the tuxscreen, and
now on this mips board -- so i keep thinking of them all as one
big tarball.  :-)  (and a very cool tarball, at that!)

as for my problem -- i discovered sometime after sending my first
mail that in buildroot, binutils and the rest of the toolchain
are built after uclibc has been configured.  i made a mistake
with part of my uclibc config the first time through (HAS_NO_MMU was
set incorrectly), and i haven't yet done the (time-consuming) full
rebuild yet.  i'll do that now.  (and if i continue having trouble
i'll join the buildroot list.  :-)

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com