[BusyBox] Problem with syslogd

Stewart Brodie stewart at metahusky.net
Thu Nov 20 16:51:07 UTC 2003

Jason <jason at jasonandjessi.com> wrote:

> Have you tried to create a file in /var/run just to make sure that it is
> writeable, also have you verified the permissions on the socket and the
> link (yeah I know, one should follow the other, but what can it hurt)

Either it's writable, or things are so severely broken that there's no hope.
Almost the very first thing my /etc/init.d/rcS script does is mke2fs a ram
disc and mount it on /var.  In my case, I'm not overly concerned with
permissions as, in its "production" form, the system is completely closed.
It runs no network daemons at all.  There are no interactive shells, no
login program, getty or anything like that.

--
Stewart Brodie